Featured Post

Repack Holiday Goodness

My Christmas baseball card haul was quite impressive. My father got me a complete 1993 Topps and Topps Traded set. My brother picked up a a bunch of packs of high series Topps Heritage for me. My girlfriend surprised me with a blaster of Topps and my brother's girlfriend even gave me a repack pack.
It's that repack that I'll show here since the cards are a bit different than a lot of what I have opened lately.

Pack 1:
2005 Upper Deck ESPN Baseball

I was surprised by this pack - I had completely forgotten about this set even though 2005 wasn't that long ago. Looking back at my card binders, it turned out I must have bought three packs of this set since I had 27 different cards (each pack has 9 cards). I got the following:
5 - Randy Johnson
6 - Andrew Jones
9 - John Smoltz
27 - Ken Griffey Jr.
31 - Ivan Rodriguez
49 - Scott Podsednik
82 - Aubrey Huff
86 - Mark Teixeira


WG-19 - Web Gems - Nomar Garciaparra


Overall, not a bad pack - but I already had 4 of the cards! The Johnson, Smoltz, Griffey, and Podsednik cards were duplicates, so off they go into my bin of extras for trading purposes...

Pack 2:
2005 Skybox Autographics

This is a set that I didn't own a single card from. That's a rather rare thing for me...though I usually ignored Skybox so that probably explains things a bit.



23 - Miguel Cabrera
24 - Juan Pierre
38 - Derek Jeter

43 - Jim Thome
46 - Jake Peavy

Overall, I actually like the design of these cards - except for the big old fake shiny signature that is the card's namesake. This particular pack wasn't great (unless you like the Marlins in which 40% of the cards are Marlins...)

Pack 3:
2007 Fleer Ultra
This is a set that I did collect (at least somewhat). Looking through my binder, I have about 100 of the 250 base cards.


7 - Andrew Jones
69 - Dan Uggla (gold parallel)

79 - Reggie Sanders
173 - Ichiro

185 - Michael Young

Collection wise, I fared much better with this pack since I needed all of the cards I got!

Pack 4:
In a white envelope was the guaranteed "hit" of the repack. Opening it up, I got:
AS - BJ: Bobby Jenks Topps All-Star Game Stitches
I don't really know for sure what set this relic is a part of. It must be a late 2007 set since it features an all-star jersey patch...but that's all I know. Anyone out there have any idea?

Comments

  1. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I believe it's part of the 2007 Topps Updates & Highlights set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been meaning to tell you that I pulled a 2008 Topps Brandon Phillips Jersey card from a box last week...it is still wrapped in the plastic it came with if you're interested in it let me know.

    The number on the back is RR-BP

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice. Although seeing Jeter out of the gate turned my stomach a bit.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment