Featured Post

2008 Topps Heritage High Series Blaster

I got perhaps one of the most boring blasters (in terms of hits) that I've ever seen. In fact, my blaster contained exactly two inserts, a Chrome card of Vincente Padilla and a Rookie Performer card of Kosuke Fukudome. The good news there was that at least the Fukudome was a card I still needed. I didn't even get a single card numbered above 700. The blaster also produced one of the worst cards I've pulled from a 2008 pack, which you'll have to scroll down to the bottom to see it in all it's putrid glory.

However, my blaster was noteworthy because it gave me a total of 15 base cards and 1 insert that I needed - definitely a record for a single blaster after opening as many packs of Heritage as I have!

The cards I got that I needed included:
506: Takashi Saito

542: Ramon Castro (Green Back Semi-Short Print)
556: Colorado Rockies
573: Andy Marte
581: Gabe Kapler (Green Back Semi-Short Print)

611: Max Ramirez
627: Kansas City Royals
648: Ian Steward (Short Print)
657: Jody Gerut
667: Chris Dickerson

674: Paul Maholm
693: Ramon Hernandez (Short Print)
694: Mike Fontenot (Short Print)
541: Jon Rauch (Black Back)
563: Doug Mientkiewicz (Black Back)
RP5: Kosuke Fukudome (Rookie Performers Insert)


Overall, I was pleasantly surprised by this blaster. I never expect to get that many cards that I need from a set, and I even pulled a Red that I still needed (Dickerson). I still haven't pulled a relic or autograph from this set, but I guess that's expected when all I have done is bought blasters and loose packs.

And for the worst card I pulled:

Mr. Corey Patterson, back to haunt me one last time before the 2009 season begins!



Do you have any of the remaining cards I need for trade? Check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Anonymous3:55 PM

    Hopefully we don't feel the same way when Willy Tavares Reds cards start showing up. I'm doubting anyone could be as bad as Corey was last year, though.

    And if I didn't already have a Patterson card for my set, I'd consider it complete without him.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment