Featured Post

Group Break Result: Saints of the Cheap Seats

A few days ago, Danny at Saints of the Cheap Seats ran a group break of a case of 2007 Upper Deck Ultimate Collection. I decided to make the group break my first group break ever since Danny was allowing people to purchase the team they wanted instead of random distribution (obviously I wanted the Reds).

Since he had a bit of trouble filling the break up, I also bought the Pirates, figuring why not...

Well, luck wasn't on my side at all, in fact, between my two teams there was only a single (Pirates) base card pulled, ouch. At least it's Jason Bay.

However, Danny didn't want anyone to go away empty handed, so he graciously included a card of Austin Kearns (Washington Nationals technically, but at least he's pictured as a Red) and a 2008 Allen & Ginter Relic card of Matt Capps.

I've got to say, I think the Matt Capps card is my favorite of the three!

Despite my luck, the case itself was quite good - there were some really nice pulls, but you'll have to check out Danny's blog for the rest of the details. Thanks again for all the hard work and exceedingly quick shipping Dan! And if you decide to do another break sometime, count me in!

Comments

  1. poor Pirates hardly get love anywhere

    I kinda liked Kearns card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry we couldn't do any better for you. Maybe next break. Problem is, though, with most of the breaks is that unless you get the Yankees, Red Sox or another old-time team (Tigers, Indians, White Sox or Cubs), there isn't much in there. I was hoping that we'd pull a great Pirate, but it wasn't there this time.

    Next group break will be with a set that has an even distribution of hits, if I can find one like that!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment