Featured Post

Topps American Heritage Blaster - (and trades?)

I usually avoid non-baseball releases, but the Topps American Heritage with the variety of retro-designs and plethora of historical subjects proved too difficult to avoid. As such, I picked up another blaster at Wal*Mart a few days ago (and as an aside, is anyone else having a lot of trouble finding this things in stores still)?

Anyway, here's what I got (16 base cards that I needed, 2 short prints that I needed, plus a number of nice inserts):

1. Mark Twain
2. Harriet Beecher Stowe
5. Nathaneiel Hawthorne (needed)
6. Emily Dickenson
12. William Clark
13. Robert Peary (needed)
14. Daniel Boone
19. Amelia Earhart
20. Christopher Columbus
21. John Paul Jones
22. Davy Crockett
23. George Marshall
24. Douglas MacArthur
25. Winfield Scott
28. David Farragut (needed)
30. George Meade
31. Benjamin Franklin (needed)

33. Paul Revere
35. John Hancock
36. Samuel Adams (x2, one was in the "bonus" pack)
37. Crispus Attucks
38. Patrick Henry (needed)
39. Peyton Randolph
43. George Washington Carver (needed)
44. Alexander Graham Bell
47. Eli Whitney
50. Elisha Otis
51. Martin Luther King Jr.
56. Susan B. Anthony
60. Elizabeth Jennings Graham (needed)
63. Frederic Remington
65. Benjamin Latrobe
70. Frederic Edwin Church
73. Robert F. Kennedy (needed)
77. Charles Sumner (needed)
78. Thurgood Marshall
79. William Jennings Bryan
87. Joe Namath
88. Tony Pastor
93. John Paul Getty (needed)
94. J. P. Morgan
96. Willaim Randolph Hearst
99. Frank Woolworth (needed)

100. Andrew Carnegie
104. The Constitution is Ratified (needed)
107. The Louisiana Purchase (needed)
109. The Lincoln-Douglas Debates (needed)
113. Completion of the First Transcontinental Railroad
116. Mount Rushmore is Completed (needed)
118. V-E Day (needed)
121. Hawaii Becomes the 50th State
124. Man Walks on the Moon
125. The Camp David Accords
131. Barack Obama (needed)

145. Barack Obama & John McCain - Second Presidential Debate (needed)

American President:
AP40: Ronald Reagan (needed)

Chrome:
C94: J. P. Morgan (#0750/1776) (needed)

Chrome Refractor:
C16: Jededia Strong Smith (#76/76)! (needed)

American Legend
AL13: Jimmie Foxx (#006/199) (needed)


All told, I was quite happy with my box. I got a few more cards for my set, as well as some nice inserts. I was especially happy to pull the Jimmie Foxx card (and I love the picture, he seems to be completely lost in thought). I also pulled my third American President card, Reagan joins Obama and Gerald Ford in the binder. Finally, the chrome refractor was special since it was the #76 out of 76. I don't think I'll try to collect either the chrome or refractor sets though, so those will be up for trade. Check out my want list for a list of the cards that I still need for this set...

Comments

  1. I bought a couple packs of Topps American Heritage about a week ago just for the heck of it -- I will see if I can help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you got my email or not, but I have some of the cards you need from this set if you want them. I will take anything for them because I have no desire to keep them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment