Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

It's Always Funny Until It Happens To You...

Pittsburgh 10 - Atlanta 0. (story)

Sure, the Pirates are divisional rivals of the Reds and I ought to cheer against them. Of course, with the string of bad luck / lousy management that the Pirates have had (since about 1990), you almost have to be lacking a soul to truly root against them in April.

Cleveland 22 - Yankees 4. (story)

As a Steelers fan, I hate the Cleveland Browns. As a baseball fan, I hate the New York Yankees - but I like Cleveland alright despite them being the other Ohio team.

And then, wham. All that good karma just went out the window with:

Houston 7 - Cincinnati 0. (story)

Ugh. And with Aaron Harang on the mound no less (he being one my fantasy pitchers...I took a beating tonight).

I guess there's always tomorrow for Reds, Yankees, and Braves fans.

Comments

  1. Nope, it's still funny (cause the Dodgers won their 7th straight).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't feel bad.
    I had Harang AND Wang going. Wang's E.R.A. is over 30 for the 1.1 innings he pitched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess Drew Carey was right. Cleveland rocks. Quite a beatdown. It's impossible to root against Pittsburgh or Kansas City.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always find it easier to get slaughtered by 10+ runs than it is to blow leads in the 9th. At least you might get to see one of your position players pitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Night Owl: Not funny!
    Bay Rat: Ouch! Wang's not worth having in the 'ol fantasy rotation right now.
    Lester: Agreed on all counts.
    Madding: Yeah, at least if it's a blowout I can turn the game off and do something else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment