Featured Post

2009 Topps Series 2 (Target) Pack 1 of 3

My local Target finally got some 2009 Topps Series 2 cards... It's strange, every time I go to Target I'm the only one that's ever in the card aisle - and yet, the new cards keep disappearing off the store shelves (I haven't seen Topps Series 1 blasters in over a month)...the Topps Heritage blasters were gone and there was only one 2009 Upper Deck Spectrum box left (and it was "hidden" in the back of the shelf).

Anyhow, thanks to the gravity feed display, I was able to pick up my first three packs of 2009 Topps Series 2. Here's the first pack:

Base:
340. Joe Mauer
354. Mike Aviles

Notice the big ugly white box behind the Topps trophy on the Aviles card. I think Topps forgot to fix that before sending the cards to print!
389. Garrett Olson
472. Bill Hall
479. Brad Nelson
488. Ozzie Guillen
549. Randy Winn
614. David Murphy This is my favorite card of the pack - the enormity of the ball park and the excitement of the homerun are captured perfectly in this still frame.
631. Colby Rasmus
640. B.J. Upton

Topps Town:
Blue:

TTT48. Mark Teixeira


Not the best pack I could envision opening to begin my quest of series 2 cards...not a single Red or even overly interesting card. At least the Topps Town cards seem a bit more like a baseball card since they have a team logo on them - I like that.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:53 PM

    That David Murphy card is, in my opinion, the card of the year for composition.

    It blows away many of the extreme close up cards that seem to be in vogue for the Topps series 2

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree EdS - I love the Murphy card!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment