Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 19: 1991 Upper Deck #353

Barry Larkin
Year:
1991
Brand: Upper Deck
Card number: 353
The 1991 Upper Deck set is a gorgeous set - it's not hard to see why so many collectors favored early 90s Upper Deck over Topps (of course, the 1991 Topps set is rather nice too - but I think it was relatively stale at the time...) The '91 Upper Deck Larkin card features a fairly nice front photo (not sure what's up with the catcher's mitt in the photo, seems odd), and a second photo of Larkin on the reverse. While a decent card, there's a different Larkin card from this set that I like a lot more...

Comments

  1. I have that exact card signed by Larkin, it and an 88' Donruss both. When I was a kid the Cincy Reds came over to my hometown for a promotional event and I got a few of the players autographs. Still have it to this day. Great keepsake, semi-collectible I suppose.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment