Featured Post

Photo Blogging: Williamsport Crosscutters (Phillies A Short Season Team)

I decided to take my new Nikon P90 to "Historic Bowman Field" in Williamsport, PA and snap some photos of the Williamsport Crosscutters game against the Hudson Valley Renegades.

First, the traditional exchange of lineup cards.



I was excited to try out the sports setting on my camera. The Nikon P90 has a continuous sports shot mode...which allowed me to get the following three pictures from the exact same pitch.



I was also able to get some nice action shots in the field, here's a Crosscutters triple...(if memory serves).

After seeing how (relatively) easy it was to capture action shots with my camera, I'll never forgive Topps, Upper Deck, or any other company for lazy photography. If I can do, 15+ rows up in the stands then their paid photographers can certainly do it.



He's out - you can see the ump on the far right. Had I planned that a bit better I wouldn't have cut half the ump's body off!

Crosscutters won the game 2-1...I was practicing with my 24x optical zoom at this point...but it turned out I didn't need to use all the optical zoom in order to fit the entire scoreboard in the viewfinder!

Historic Bowman Field. A nice, intimate ballpark, that's for sure. You can get a feeling for where I was sitting for all the photos at least.

At the end of the game, a fan promotion was to fly paper airplanes (on the field) to a target. Closest to the target got a $300 travel gift certificate (I was no where near it so no prize for me).

There you have it, a case study of the Nikon P90. If you are ever in the market for a new digital camera (and don't want to quite spend as much as an SLR camera), the Nikon P90 is highly recommended by me!

Comments

  1. Anonymous6:52 PM

    If I could make just one suggestion--please change "Photo Blogging" to "Phlogging." I would like that very much. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's genius! I think I'm going to steal/use that for now on.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment