Featured Post

Delivery Time! More Cards from Greg at Night Owl Cards

Awhile back, Greg from Night Owl Cards had a call for Clayton Kershaw autographs - which I was able to answer thanks to the contents of one of the many Allen & Ginter boxes that opened this past summer. As part of the trade, Greg said he'd keep an eye out for another Allen & Ginter relic (since I'm crazy and am slowly trying to collect them all)!

Well, the other day a yellow envelope appeared in my mailbox from Greg and I knew that it must contain a relic card. After eagerly opening it up, I was surprised by finding a few other extras that Greg threw in, including an Allen & Ginter mini I needed, a 1991 Score card that I needed, and a super sweet Pacific die-cut Barry Larkin card that I had never even seen before, let alone owned!

Here's a sampling of what Greg sent me:

2009 Allen & Ginter:
Relic:

AGR-DAW2: David Wright

Regular mini:
165 Chase Utley
Black bordered mini:
266. Johnny Cueto

Sweet, another mini off my want list - and a black bordered Reds card that I didn't have. Thanks!

1991 Score:
681. Dan Wilson

By my count, knocking this card off my want list means I only need another 2,423 1991 Score cards...or so it seems - this set is huge!

2009 Upper Deck Goodwin Champions:
145. Joey Votto
Dear baseball card companies. Please stop showing Joey Votto in that hideous camo jersey. Seriously. Thanks.

1992 Fleer Ultra:
186. Tom Browning
I've always been a sucker for this set, even though I probably only own about 30 cards from it. It seems remarkably classy for set born in the early 90s. Take from that what you will I guess.

Thanks a lot Greg! If anyone else would like to trade, please check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Very nice cards! I totally agree with you on the Votto/camo card. Is that the only day that any card company sent photographers to the ball park?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got lucky on some of the Reds. I'm always surprised when a team collector needs the cards that I send. Got to work on that positive outlook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't know where I've been,that's the first I've seen of the camouflaged jersey.Maybe I just saw so many in Viet Nam I never noticed.It does make a bad (not bad as in bad ass) baseball jersey.I'm pretty sure I have a lot of 1991 Score.I'll check your list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have an Eric Gagne jersey card from 2009 A&G and a 2005 Topps Black Aaron Harang (1/54) if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What the heck were the Reds doing whering a camo jersey anyways? I understand why the Padres do it, because I'm pretty sure there is a military base nearby, but definitely not in Cinci.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment