Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Joe from The Priceless Pursuit

A couple of days ago, Joe from The Priceless Pursuit issued a call for help in tracking down the last few 2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes cards he needed for his set. I was able provide him with two that he was missing in exchange for the always alluring, slightly mysterious "stack of Reds."

Well, Joe delivered the Reds - 24 of them, including two Barry Larkins (that I didn't yet own) and a bunch of other awesome cards! Here's a small sampling of what Joe sent me:

2003 Fleer Authentix
49. Adam Dunn
Here's the set that Topps was "inspired by" when they designed the 2009 Topps Ticket to Stardom. I haven't bought a single pack of Ticket to Stardom, but from all written accounts on the various blogs it seems that the Fleer set is a better all around set - especially in regards to card stock.

2004 Fleer Tradition
478. Trio Prospects (Sledge, Hall, & Claussen)

A quick look at those "prospects" and you can see why my beloved Reds haven't had a winning season this decade...

2004 Topps Cracker Jack
109. Austin Kearns
I missed this set when it came out - but I've been toying with the idea of buying a hobby box of it online. I hesitate because I'm worried no one has many of these left to trade (because I know I'll want to complete the set as soon as I start it)!

2007 Upper Deck Goudey
139. Brandon Phillips
Dear card companies, please don't ever make minis of this particular size again. I would prefer the Allen & Ginter / Goodwin Champions mini size to become the "standard" mini size. Thank you, that is all.

2008 Upper Deck Baseball Heroes
50. Johnny Bench
Oh sure, I have this set complete already - but anytime a Reds fan gets a Johnny Bench card in a trade he almost has to scan it and show it off!

Many thanks Joe - and good luck acquiring those last couple of cards for your set! As always, if anyone else would like to work out a trade with me, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you liked the cards! What stinks is that '07 Goudey card is a BASE card... so the entire set is that awkward size. I was going after the whole thing until I realized that no pages existed that'd hold the cards snugly, so I quit about 100 cards in. No sense in collecting something I can't look at easily!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment