Featured Post

Larkin to the Hall of Fame in 2010? Let's Hope.

A tip 'o the hat to Redleg Nation for this article written by Jayson Stark.



As you all (should) know, I'm a huge Barry Larkin fan and believe he ought to be in the Hall of Fame. However, I'm not a HOF voter so what I think doesn't matter...but I'm curious - how many of you believe Larkin should be in the Hall of Fame (and secondly, is he a "first ballot*" Hall of Famer)?

*I don't get the notion of first ballot Hall of Famers, but a lot of people seem to bring the idea up. I tend to believe either you are good enough to get in the Hall of Fame or not, end of story. I don't buy that you aren't good enough the first time around but then you magically get better and thus more deserving, but to each his own.

And if you've happened to miss it, you can check out my (ever growing) Barry Larkin Card Collection by clicking on the link!

Comments

  1. Larkin gets in. I'm not sure about "first ballot," but he definitely gets in.

    This crap is so ridiculous anyway---I wouldn't let some of the HOF voters decide what dog I should get from the pound, much less who among baseball's elite are the all-time greats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larkin will get in. Not on the first ballot, though.

    I think regardless of who gets to pick who is going into the Hall of Fame, someone is going to have a problem with those people.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Larkin will get in & rightly so.

    My guess is he won't get in on the 1st ballot which is a shame & unfortunate & really sort of ludicrous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment