Featured Post

Delivery Time! Trade with Roy from The Paper Chase

Last week, a couple of snowstorms in the northeast seemed to have slowed down the mail service to a crawl.  This week, the mail employees must be working overtime since my mailbox was stuffed full with three yellow trade envelopes plus a box.  Up first, a quick trade with Roy from The Paper Chase.

Roy agreed to send me a Yovani Gallardo relic from 2009 Allen & Ginter since I'm crazy enough to want as many of the '09 A&G hits as possible, no matter who the subject.  In return, I was to send Roy a Blue Jay relic.  As luck would have it, Roy included a bunch of extra Reds (including some Larkins) in my package...and I included a bunch of Jays in his package!

Here's the Gallardo:

The Gallardo relic pushes my "hit" total from A&G up to 21.

Roy also included a bunch of Reds, including the following:
2003 Playoff Prestige - Sean Casey

I don't think I've seen a base card from this set before...and I must say, it's kind of creepy.  Two versions of the same picture, both on the front...along with a team watermark...eesh.

2000 Topps Gold Label - Sean Casey

Now, this is how you do a two-picture card.  I love the Topps Gold Label brand of the early 00s, and this card is no exception.

And from the higher end, classier type card to the utterly goofy:

1992 Topps Kids - Rob Dibble

I think I might get hypnotized if I stare at those spirals for too long.

And finally, what's a stack of Reds cards without at least featuring Jose Rijo doing something goofy?
1995 Upper Deck Collector's Choice - Jose Reyes


Thanks a lot Roy!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you're happy.

    Were any of the Larkins new to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, there were a couple I didn't have. I'll post them (eventually) in my on going Larkin Collection series. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment