Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Ron over in Section 36

A couple of weeks ago, I received an email from Ron over at Section 36 saying he had a couple of cards off my want list that he wanted to send me.  Boy did Ron undersell what he was about to send!

Let's dig in!

2009 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Extinct Creatures:
EA3.  Xerces Blue

The highlight of the package was probably this little butterfly.  In fact, I've had a terrible time tracking these extinct creature cards down, they are simply much too rare to usually be able to find!  I did manage to pull a couple myself, and I got one other one in a trade - so I'm now only missing card EA1 which is Velociraptor - unfortunately, that's probably the card most people want to hang on to simply because it's so cool!  No matter, I'm still extremely happy to get this particular extinct creature!!

2009 Topps Heritage:
467.  Pittsburgh Pirates Coaches
508.  Alex Cora
699.  Gordon Beckham
720.  Russell Branyan

I've really soured on the Topps Heritage brand, so much so that I didn't buy any of this year's iteration.  However, I'm still actively looking for last year's set (which I really like still).  Thanks to the three short prints (and one base card) that Ron sent, I'm that much closer to completing the hard-to-complete set!

2008 UD Goudey:
327.  Terry Bradshaw

Wow!  It seems like I haven't gotten a 2008 Goudey card in over a year (probably not true but I'm not going back through my posts to verify it one way or the other, are you?  I didn't think so.)  (And yes, that's a parenthetical thought that spans two sentences wedged into one.  All you English types can thank me for starting new trends that you need to break your students out of.)

2008 Topps Allen & Ginter:
Team Orange:
TO6.  Minty Beans

I don't care that 'ol Minty is fake, that's basically the best name I've ever heard of.  I'm now only missing nine cards from the entire 2008 Allen & Ginter set....
Ancient Icons: #6, 17, 18

Team Orange: #1, 4, 10
Regular Minis: #221, 290, 308

2008 Upper Deck:
Base:
145.  Lee Gardner

Why is Gardner an exciting card to get?  Because he's the last card I needed for the set - it's been a loooooong time that I've been working on this set - and I busted way too much of this product to have it take so long.  No matter, thanks to Ron it's finally done!  Now it's onto the insert parallels...speaking of them:

StarQuest Uncommon:
SQ-36:  Carlos Beltran
SQ-43.  Derrek Lee
SQ-46.  Ichiro

StarQuest Super Rare:
SQ-45.  Felix Hernandez

If that wasn't enough hard-to-find cards knocked off my want lists, Ron also threw in a 2009 Allen & Ginter relic card of Jay Bruce and a 1987 Topps Barry Larkin rookie card.

Thanks a lot Ron - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I have Team Orange #1...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested!

    Let me know what cards you still need from the A&G set once your other trades arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I traded you the Eastern Elk! That card popped up in my first blaster box of Ginter that I ever opened last year. Im glad i got it to you way back then and hope you get your hands on that last extinct creature you need to finish your set

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment