Featured Post

Gint-a-Cuffs - Box 02: Boxtopper and Pack 01

I'm currently on vacation, so I apologize in advance for my slow (if any) response to any comments left on the posts for the next 10 days or so.  With that said, it's time to crack my second Gint-a-Cuffs box - and this one starts off with a doozy!  Also, since by the time you read this post everyone will be sick to death of the same scans of the same cards, I'll be scanning the entire pack each time and posting it.  At least that way you get to see some different cards at times. 

Box loader:
N43BR-NM.  Nick Markakis Relic
Hand-numbered 18/25

If I understand the scoring, this sucker adds up quickly:
+20 relic + 10 favorite player N43 = +30
Then
x 1.7 for being a favorite player hit = 51 points!

This is easily one of the best cards I've ever pulled from a box - and it's exceedingly rare...relics come 1 in every 213 boxes!  Alas, by the time you actually read this post, it will have gone up on eBay (and hopefully been sold and shipped).  I'd love to keep it, but part of my promise to myself when I bought my case was that anything good that I got was to be sold off until I made my money back.  I did get a few good cards, but I'm not convinced I'll get all of my money back - we'll see I guess. 

But enough of that, back to Gint-a-Cuffs and the first pack:

Pack 01:
17.  Johan Santana
57.  Jacoby Ellsbury (+2 favorite)
105.  Nicolaus Copernicus
256.  Rick Porcello
265.  Kendry Morales (+2 favorite)
311.  Chone Figgins (+2 short print)
TDH69.  Alexei Ramirez (+1)
Mini:
221.  Mike Leake (+1 mini of a Red)

Total points:  8 points

Box total so far:  59 points

Comments

  1. I'm confused. I thought the point of buying a case was the hope of pulling some of those amazingly expensive cards. In my mind, it defeats the purpose of busting packs and boxes if you immediately sell off all the best stuff.

    Congrats on the pull though, it's a sweet card

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment