Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 61: 2003 Donruss #259

Barry Larkin
Year:  2003
Brand:  Donruss
Card number:  259

After the mid-90s (when I basically stopped collecting cards), I never really got back into the Donruss brand. Whenever I think of Donruss now, my immediate vision is of rather cheap looking, boring cards.  This particular Larkin card does nothing to dispel my stereotype.

The front of the card features one of the most boring "action" shots ever with Larkin completing a one handed swing.  The back of the card features a giant block of text (Larkin's career stats) and basically nothing else other than a big 'ol black bar across the bottom.  For all of the crazy, interesting, and neat baseball card designs out there, this has got to be one of the most "blah" designs of all time.

Comments

Post a Comment