Featured Post

The Many Wonders of 2010 Allen & Ginter ...

Like many other bloggers out there, I've been furiously collecting the 2010 Topps Allen & Ginter set.  I've busted a case and a half worth of product, found plenty of cool cards, and genuinely loved every minute of the set (except for the crappy first case but I've already hashed that problem out).  Up until yesterday, I thought I had the set all figured out.

Wrong.

I spent a bit of time last night searching eBay looking for some of the minis that I still need for my set (since some of the trading has slowed down).  Well, it didn't take long until I stumbled across an auction for a World's Biggest card.  Nothing unusual there, I've had World's Biggest 1 through 5 on my want list for awhile now, heck, I've even gotten #5 in a trade already and #1 and 3 should be in the mail on the way to me as I type this.  But no, the particular auction I ran into was for World's Biggest #20.  What the heck I thought, since when is there 20 cards in the set?!
How to find the World's Biggest mini cards:

As far as I can tell, it looks like the World's Biggest #1 - 5 can be found (somewhat) easily in retail blasters.  The entire World's Biggest set can apparently be found seeded in gravity feed retail packs.  Hobby packs do not seem to contain any World's Biggest mini cards.  There are actually 25 cards in the set which I was able to find most of on eBay after a bit of searching.

Sheesh!  While it's cool that there are still surprises in Ginter, I'm a bit bummed that the set is retail only - I would have liked to think that buying a hobby case would have given me a shot at every card.  Even so, I've decided to add the World's Biggest set to my want list - we'll see what happens I guess!

Finally, in case you missed it, I posted another round of Cards for Clunkers last night.  Check it out here.

Comments

  1. It's nice that retail got an exclusive, but it kinda defeats the purpose if no one really knows about it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment