Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 64: 1992 Topps Stadium Club - #100 (Variation E)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1992
Brand:  Topps Stadium Club
Card number:  100
Variation:  E

The Stadium Club brand was a favorite of many collectors for much of the 90s, but I can't say that I was a huge fan of the line.  This particular Larkin card sums up my feelings toward the 92 TSC set perfectly.  It's got full-bleed, yet mostly boring photography on the front and weird (seemingly useless) stats on the back.  Finally, while I think it's kind of a cool idea to feature the player's rookie card, it really strikes me that it's only a marketing ploy by Topps.

Of all the Larkin cards that I've scanned and written about thus far, this one (surprisingly) ranks near the bottom.  That's alright though, they can't all be awesome right?

***Editor's Note***
Well after I posted this entry (years later, in fact), I learned that the 1992 Stadium Club set comes in two "flavors" - an "E" version and an "F" version.  You can tell which version you are holding by the small "E" or "F" present on the copyright line on the card's back.  This particular card is the "E" version but luckily I do also own the "F" version!

Comments