Featured Post

Beating Stupid with Warning Signs?

For Christmas, I asked for (and received) a small pair of laptop speakers.  As I opened the box, I was greeted with the following images on the plastic bag holding each small speaker.

Oh yeah.  That might be difficult to see in the small scan, so let's zoom in on those two upper images.

I wonder what the lawsuit read that prompted this image on the bag?
Dear Plastic Bag Company:
  I recently received a plastic bag that was used in the packaging of a gift.  I was so excited for my new gift that I decided the only thing I could with the plastic bag was to wrap it around my head and then hold it tight around my throat.  It turned out that wasn't a good idea, plastic is remarkably difficult to breathe through.  Why didn't you warn me?  In the process of passing out, I fell over and ruined my new gift.  So now I must sue you.
Sincerely,
  Consumer X.

I'm guessing after the first lawsuit, the poor plastics company thought it had all possible scenarios covered...but then Consumer X struck again.

Dear Plastic Bag Company,
  Once again, I am writing to you to inform you I have no choice but to file another lawsuit.  I see you've updated your bag images with warnings not to suffocate oneself.  I appreciate that, and you'll be happy to know that I didn't put the bag over my head while trying to play with my new gift (that I paid for using money from my previous lawsuit).  However, your bag did not warn me not to shove my little baby's head into your plastic bag and let him crawl around the room.  I thought the plastic bag would be a great gift for baby - both of us could have something to play with.  Unfortunately, all it did was turn him blue.  And so, now I must sue.
Sincerely,
  Consumer X.

Aye.  It's scary how dumb the general population must be...and with the influx of warnings like the two above, I'm afraid the idea of survival of the fittest is no longer...and our collective gene pool will be the worse for it.

Comments

  1. One of my favorites is the "do not use this hair dryer in the shower" warning....

    Ron White says it best: you can't fix stupid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree, you can't fix stupid, but, you can VOTE them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even Topps covers its butt by putting choking hazards on their products. It seems the collectors are choking on "memorabilia" cards literally and figuratively!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment