Featured Post

Delivery Time! Knocking the Heritage Needs Down Thanks to Potch

For myself, the academic year comes to a close this week (the joys of being a professor) - and with it comes the unofficial "end" of the first chapter of the baseball card season.  The way my collecting works, there are four seasons:

Season 1:  Topps Series I and Topps Heritage
Season 2:  Topps Series 2 (and Gypsy Queen this year)
Season 3:  Allen & Ginter
Season 4:  Update Set and High Number Heritage (or nothing)

Last year, I collected Series 1 during the first season, Series 2 during the second season, A&G during the third, and then nothing during the fourth season.  This year, I am working on both Series I and Heritage during the first season - and I'm pretty much assured of going after Series 2 in the second season.  I've also got a Gypsy Queen group break happening shortly - and those two boxes should be enough of a look for me to decide if I want to go for the set myself or not.  You'll notice that I don't have Bowman (or any of its ilk) represented in my baseball card seasons - that's simply because I don't bother with the Bowman line.

Why care about the baseball card seasons?  Much like the seasons of the year, I more or less chart my progress of my collection based upon the season.  My goal is by the start of Season 3 (aka the Season of Ginter), I hope to have Season 1 sets complete.  Unlike many previous years, I have a better chance of that happening this year than perhaps any year prior thanks to a plethora of trading partners!

One such trading partner is Potch from Potch Wheeler and the Cardboard Heroes.  I sent Potch a Trade Stack he claimed along with a pile of extra Larkin cards that he showed interest in.  In return, I got the following cards from my want list:

Topps:
Diamond parallel:
234.  Miguel Montero

This card is the 227th diamond parallel card that I now own meaning I have 68.87% of the set complete.  I have a feeling that it's going to be a race between the diamond parallels and Topps Heritage for which set I am able to finish off first.  Hopefully, I'll be able to finish both soon!  This card also nets Potch another entry in my Complete Set Giveaway Contest.


Topps Heritage:
156.  Hank Conger

199.  Aroldis Chapman

234.  2010 World Series - Game 3
236.  2010 World Series - Game 5

298.  Jason Kubel
409.  Pittsburgh Pirates

The Heritage trades have heated up big time in the last week or so.  I've already got a HUGE chunk of the set coming to me thanks to a whole bunch of different traders.  I do, however, still have a modest pile of duplicates for trade - feel free to enquire.


Thanks for the trade Potch!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments