Featured Post

Gypsy Queen Group Break Update

A quick update for all those in my Gypsy Queen group break.  I (still) have not heard from the site where I pre-ordered the two boxes.  I sent the site owner an email tonight so hopefully I'll have some good news tomorrow.  I know I am as anxious as the rest of your to see the product - heck, there's even Barry Larkin cards in the set so you know I'm pumped up!  Anyhow, I'll be sure to keep you informed.

Now, a question for those involved.

It appears that most boxes are short an autograph (at least, that's been the case with most boxes that I've seen busted on the blogs).  What should I do about the missing auto(s) assuming we are missing one?  The choices that I came up with:
1.  Send the UPC in to Topps, wait X months, get the autos, send to whichever team claimed the card.
2.  Provide the group break with 2 autographs out of my own collection and mail cards immediately.
3.  Open a different box and add to the pile of cards, don't worry about the missing autos for the group break.  (I have a box of 1993 Upper Deck Series 1 I could open - that would provide a lot of cards to all the teams, except of course the expansion teams).
4.  Some better idea that I haven't thought of but you write down in the comments below.

My rationale for each of the choices:
Choice 1:  Clearly the "fairest" but I doubt that Topps will send anything but scrub autos back.  Also, the long wait is a bummer - and it will cost me quite a bit more in shipping since I'll have to mail two people two different packages.  
Choice 2:  The advantage here is that I can make sure that two other teams get "hits."  The disadvantage is that my autograph collection isn't all that huge - and most of them I consider scrub autos (though you may not as a team collector).  If people vote for this option, I think I'd include three autos out of my collection simply because I don't have anything "great" for the giveaway.  That would increase the number of hits though.
Choice 3:  On the plus side, that'd mean a lot more cards for people.  On the negative side, it'd increase shipping for me (but probably only marginally).  Also, I don't believe that there is much of any "hits" (no matter how you define them) in '93 Upper Deck.  The set, however, is a huge favorite with people in terms of design though.
Choice 4:  I'm guessing someone else has a better plan - let's hear it!

Comments

  1. How about this? Randomize the UPC code as a hit. Send the UPC code to the winner and let them deal with Topps re: the missing auto.

    Barring that, we like option 1.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, that would work too - in fact, that might be the best of all possible options!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea that Ike posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Option two sounds intriguing to me, but how would you choose which autos from your collection to add to the break?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I am totally cool with Ike's idea. There would be two separate randomizations though right? One for each box?

    ReplyDelete
  6. ike's idea. two random upc auto redemption going to to folks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Nachos Grande" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/04/sites-to-see_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous8:34 PM

    I like Ike.

    And his idea.

    Right now I don't like Topps - this is awful for a group break. For a case break this would be even worse.

    Oh, and 2 randomizations, but I would think pull the first winner out of the 2nd one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment