Featured Post

Delivery Time! Blog Reader Jeff Sends Me Cards!

Although my trade summaries will be scattered about in terms of when they go live on my blog, this is the seventh post that I've written today (most of which were trade posts).  It feels good to be getting caught up again in terms of posting the trade packages - and it feels good to keep eliminating cards from my want list!

As my post title suggests, the latest person to knock cards off my want list is blog reader Jeff.  Jeff sent me a total of ten cards in exchange for some 2011 Topps and 2010 Allen & Ginter cards from me...  Let's take a look at what I ended up with (some of which is immediately up for trade by the way):

Topps Town:
TT2-30.  Carl Crawford
TT2-38.  Brian Matusz

Another couple of Topps Town cards off my want list.  I've already promised myself that I won't ever try to collect something as stupid as Topps Town cards again.  Topps made it a lot harder by seeded these 1:6 packs or something - even though no one collects 'em, they are rare enough that people (seemingly) aren't pulling any of the ones that I still need...

60 Years of Topps:
60YOT-85.  Don Sutton
60YOT-116.  Ryan Braun

I happen to like the 60 Years of Topps cards.  However, I won't be collecting a third year of Topps reprints - so if Topps is going to woo me with their 2012 base set, they better have something new up their sleeve instead of a re-rehashing of two years' worth of insert card ideas.  The Braun card is up for trade as I already received it from someone else.

Diamond parallel:
409.  Vin Mazzaro
591.  John Axford
628.  Blake DeWitt

These three diamond parallels earn Jeff three entries into my contest (see the side bar of my blog for futher details).  I am slowly but surely closing in on the diamond set...though there are probably another 250 cards or so that I need (maybe more, I'm a little scared to count)!

Jeff also sent me a couple of retail specific insert cards (Mark Teixeira and Josh Johnson) and a single base card that I had needed (Dominic Brown).  Those cards are also available for trade (see all my 2011 Topps cards that I have available here).

Thanks for the trade Jeff!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I thought that was a sparkle Dominic Brown, look at it again and see. If not, I guess at least you needed that one.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Dominic Brown card is an example of Topps outsmarting themselves. The sparkle is a real sparkle from the photo, not a photoshopped sparkle like on the other 100 variation cards...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment