Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 110: 1989 O-Pee-Chee Stickers - #44 (Variation 2)

Barry Larkin
Year:  1989
Brand:  O-Pee-Chee Stickers
Card number:  44 (Variation 2)

Lately, it seems that the 2011 Topps Sticker "cards" are the popular thing amongst most of the bloggers.  For me, I say that all of ya'll can have your new fangled stickers and albums, I'll stick to my junk wax era stickers - stickers that include such treasures as this Barry Larkin card!  The front of the card features a pair of players - and if I had the original album I could tell you who they are...  The Red might be John Franco, but I thought he wore #32 not #31, maybe it's someone like Tim Burtsas (spelling probably wrong)...  I have no idea who the guy on the right is.  As it turns out, the front of the card doesn't matter anyhow, it's the back that matters - that's where Barry Larkin resides!

I like the O-Pee-Chee logo at the top and big 'ol Super Star star at the bottom.  I like that the card does have at least a few stats...but I do mean a few, in fact, there's only four stats listed.  I wonder if there are any cards out there that feature fewer than four stats (but still showing some stats)?  There's a project for all of you internet sleuths!  The only thing that I don't like about the card is the rainbow gradient, it doesn't go with the Reds uniform at all, blech!

Does anyone have any of these stickers with Barry Larkin on the sticker portion of the card?  If so, let me know!

Comments