Featured Post

Box Break: 2001 Topps Gold Label - Packs 9 & 10

It's almost Thanksgiving - and if you haven't gone grocery shopping yet I pity you...  I had to run to Wal*Mart (our only grocery store within 15 miles) last night to get supplies for a green bean casserole and there were people literally crawling on the bottom shelves and climbing on the upper shelves trying to nab the last cans of pumpkin and fruit cup.  Luckily, I didn't need any of the stuff that others were going crazy for...but still, sheesh.  It's nice to be back home and opening up packs of cards in the peace and quiet.

 Pack 9:
26.  Derek Jeter
39.  Ivan Rodriguez
77.  Mo Vaughn

110.  Tim Hudson
and a Class 2 parallel of:
15.  Brad Fullmer

Two things about this pack, first, Mo Vaughn sure fills up a baseball card doesn't he?  Second, I've found my first duplicate in the box - the Derek Jeter.  As players go, Jeter is probably one of the best to get duplicates of though since there are a lot of people out there who collect him (and the Yankees).  The Jeter will be available for trade, but I'll hold off on accepting any trades quite yet until I see which cards I still need from the set after collating the entire box.

Pack 10:
18.  Carlos Delgado
37.  Geoff Jenkins
59.  Josh Hamilton

83.  Phil Nevin
and a serially-numbered Class 2 parallel of:
21.  Chipper Jones (#641/999)

The box has produced seven parallels so far, four of which have been Atlanta Braves!  (Chipper, A. Jones, Maddux, and Veras).  I also found my second duplicate of the box, this time it's Carlos Delgado who has appeared twice.  That's unfortunate because it seems to be much, much more difficult to rid myself of spare Blue Jays as compared to spare Yankees.

Comments

  1. there's a Blue Jays fan in the western half of your state that would take the Delgado off of your hands...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment