Featured Post

Box Break: 2001 Topps Gold Label - Packs 13 & 14

I'm writing this post ahead of time just in case I decide to brave the crowds and go shopping on Black Friday.  Actually, who am I kidding?  I'm much more likely to sleep in rather than try and shop on the busiest day of the year.  I might, however, venture into the online world and do some shopping there...we'll see.  No matter, you don't care about that - you care about seeing more sweet Gold Label cards!

Pack 13:
27.  Edgar Martinez

34.  Fernando Vina
42.  J.T. Snow Jr.
48.  Jeff Kent
And my first Class 3 parallel:
79.  Nomar Garciaparra (# 066/299)

The Class 3 parallels are quite nice - the front features two images (which I believe is a composite of the Class 1 and Class 2 images).  The Class 3 parallels are seeded 1:26 packs which makes them slightly more rare than one-per-box.  In other words, this card is more rare than the average relic card in the set!  Once again, I'd love to flip the Garciaparra for an equivalent Barry Larkin parallel from the Gold Label set if anyone happens to have one lying around...and seriously, if you have cool Barry Larkin cards still lying around it makes me think you hate me.

Pack 14:
9.  Barry Larkin

23.  Darin Erstad
101.  Terrence Long
105.  Tony Batista
And a class 3 parallel:
85.  Rafael Furcal

It should be no surprise that I landed YET ANOTHER Braves parallel card.  Good grief.  I might have the entire Braves team set in parallel form before this box is complete.  This Class 3 card is not sequentially numbered and thus inserted at a rate of 1:12 packs which suggests that I should get one more in the box.  All that aside, the best card in the pack is easily the Barry Larkin card.  That particular Larkin will eventually get a post in my ongoing Barry Larkin Collection Series (which I've been terrible about updating lately).  Who knows, maybe this will spur me to do some more posts on my Larkin cards?

Comments

  1. What do you want for that Nomar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd prefer to trade it for a similar Barry Larkin card from the set. If I can't do that, I'd be open for trading for other stuff on my want list. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment