Featured Post

Box Break: 2001 Topps Gold Label - Packs 17 & 18

I'm about ready to hit cruise control and coast through the final few packs.  I'm pretty sure I mixed up my analogies there, probably because tomorrow starts the work week and as such I'll be back to having to drive 5.5 hours on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Pack 17:
29.  Fernando Tatis
38.  Greg Maddux
84.  Preston Wilson
102.  Tim Salmon
And a Class 2 parallel of:
44.  Jason Kendall

It's nice to get a little Pirates love in a box.  Even though I'm a Reds fan, I live in Pennsylvania so I have a bit of a soft spot in my heart for the Pirates.  I don't actively collect Pittsburgh cards but if I'm never able to trade this one away that's ok with me.

Pack 18:
6.  Andruw Jones
44.  Jason Kendall

65.  Kevin Brown
85.  Rafael Fucal
98.  Scott Rolen

Nothing overly exciting in the pack but I did land the Class 1 card of Jason Kendall.  The Class 1 card has him featured in his catching gear while the Class 2 card has him batting.  I like that the parallels have different photos - it actually makes the different classes feel exciting.

As a pair of packs, the good news was that I needed each of the cards that I ended up getting.  My set is getting closer and closer to completion, I'm beginning to think it's possible to complete the set (minus the short printed rookies) with a single box...or at least come really close to completing the set.  

Comments