Featured Post

A TCDB Mailbag on One of the Best Mondays of the Year!

Group Break #5: Three Packs of 2003 Fleer Authentix

I don't know how many people check the baseball card blogs at 8:30 AM EST on a Sunday morning...but for those that do, this post is for you!

Pack 02:
23.  Jacque Jones - Twins
25.  Sean Burroughs - Padres
44.  Bernie Williams - Yankees
60.  David Eckstein - Angels
109.  Victor Martinez - Indians

I like the Martinez card a lot - something about baseball cards with catchers in action I guess.  Good stuff!

Pack 03:
68.  Ichiro - Mariners
81.  Edgardo Alfonzo - Giants
93.  Darin Erstad - Angels
100.  Ivan Rodriguez - Marlins
13 of 15 TS:  Ticket Studs:  Sammy Sosa - Cubs

The Ticket Studs cards unfold and are seeded 1:6 packs.  I guess they are kind of cool in that they play nicely with the theme of the set.  It's certainly better than "Diamond Duos" or "Legendary Lineage" like Topps has cranked out lately!

Pack 04:
2.  Tom Glavine - Mets
9.  Johnny Damon - Red Sox
42.  Fred McGriff - Dodgers

61.  Jason Kendall - Pirates
103.  Francisco Rodriguez - Angels

McGriff as a Dodger?  I have no recollection of that at all!

Comments

  1. I remember this set, it was an interesting concept and very attractive.

    As for McGriff, he played just 86 games for the Dodgers, in his second to last season in the bigs. I had to look it up myself, but for that matter, I didn't remember him playing for the Cubs either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the blogs on Sunday morning!!! Pump out some more, I'm on the edge of my seat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mcgruff as a Dodger? i'm still trying to forget. he was a total bust for the Dodgers. they brought him in for marketing his last push to the 500 HR club. of course he never made it, and all he did was disappoint in LA - the same way his card disappoints here - listed as dodgers, wearing a cubs uni.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok that was my negative rant...now let's get back on to the fun break and rip some more packs !! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment