Featured Post

Delivery Time! Cards from Kyle

Before I started blogging here at Blogger, I spent three years writing over at The Sporting News' website.  At that time, there was a close knit group of bloggers who wrote daily and offered encouragement (and ideas) to each other.  One such person was Kyle (known as Fragnoli then).

Useless trivia:  My blog's web address is fanofreds.blogspot because I went by the fanofreds moniker over at Sporting News.  Had I been a bit smarter, I would have changed my address to NachosGrande.blogspot but it's too late for that now!

Back to the trade, Kyle offered me a pair of 2012 Allen & Ginter mini cards that I needed (plus he threw in a couple of Larkins) in exchange for me sending him a small stack of Ginter base cards and inserts.  For myself, I am now two minis closer to the full regular back set...

14.  Nick Markakis

128.  Andrew McCutchen
I don't hear much about Markakis anymore.  McCutchen, on the other hand, is a player who I have been hearing more about this year than I have in all the previous years that he's been around!  I suppose that is a product of the Pirates finally being relevant!  For what it's worth, if the Reds can't win it all this year, the Pirates are my second favorite team.  It stinks the two teams are in the same division just for that reason alone - hard to root for the team who's nipping at my real favorite team's heels in the standings!

As I said, Kyle also threw in a pair of Larkin cards for my collection:
Nothing like getting a pair of Hall of Famer cards - yes!

Thanks for the trade Kyle - and as always, if anyone else wants to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Thank you Chris - Your blog has reinvigorated my desire to be a part of the hobby again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment