Featured Post

Delivery Time! What's Wrong with my Taste in Cards?

I recently completed a trade with blog reader Jon.  I helped him out with a huge chunk of 2011 Topps Lineage (but I still have more available if you want some).  In return, he sent me a few cards from my want list.  As I spread the cards out on my desk in preparation to scan them, I was struck by what an odd selection of cards they were...and how all of them were cards that I needed/wanted.

For instance, there were a pair of reprint cards - basically Topps recycling old cards...

...and then there was a new shiny card celebrating Topps diamond anniversary, but that wasn't the only shiny card.  No, there was also a Topps Town card.

A set that everyone but me threw away I think, but I'm down to only needing one more card and then that set can (finally) be taken off my want list.

That'd be one less embarrassment on the want list.  Speaking of embarrassing, I really like the manupatch that Jon sent my way...

...even if, once again, most people hate manu-anythings.  I think it's because the running man logo is awesome (as is Chapman, usually).

If you are keeping score at home, that's a manupatch, a diamond sparkly, a pair of reprints, and a Topps town card.  Think it couldn't get any more varied?  You'd be wrong.

There was also a pair of Deckle edge cards - certainly unique (in a modern sense anyhow).

Finally, there was a cloth sticker card of a Yankee (but I needed it so it's an appreciated Yankee).

Yeah, I don't know how I've come to collect such a variety of stuff but it's what I do!

Thanks for the trade Jon - and as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments