Featured Post

Delivery Time! Envelope from Night Owl

Oh man.  I've gotten so far behind on everything - and that definitely includes cards.  As of this moment, I have 10 envelopes full of cards that I have received in the mail over the past week or so.  All of which need a post written and my want list updated accordingly.  The one good piece of information is that I believe I have mailed off my end of all the trades (except two which are packaged and will be in the mail tomorrow morning).

Since I have so many envelopes to talk about, let's pick one to open up right now, shall we?

Today's package is courtesy of Greg over at the wonderful Night Owl Cards.  Greg has two unique gifts (well, I'm sure he has plenty of other gifts as well but there are two that are super obvious in terms of blogging and trading).

First, he's a great trader.  We've exchanged tons of packages over the past few years - and almost all of them have been "freebies."  When I get some stuff that I know he'd like, I mail it to him.  He does the same for me. It's easy, it's quick, and it's always fun to get a surprise envelope full of cool cards that I like!  Even better, we both seem to have a knack for pulling each other's teams - probably a big reason for all of our trading.

In addition to his trading prowess, Greg is also a great writer.  There aren't many people out there who can make baseball cards interesting...and even fewer can do it on a near daily basis...  Greg, however, isn't like most of the rest of us - he seems to have a never ending supply of great stories or blog ideas for his baseball cards, no matter what kind of cards he's showing off for the day.  I have to admit, I'm often jealous of his writing (and plenty of other bloggers for that matter) because I'm not convinced I've ever written a post that I would consider "good!"  Because of my personal feelings towards my own writing, I give huge props to all of those who entered my writing contest, good on ya I say.

Moving along now, I suppose I should get to the point of the post where I showcase the cards I got.  After all, I really should be working on lessons right now (and packing up group break cards).  Fine - without further ado, here you go:

Ginter minis (yay!)

Another Upper Deck Timeline card.

That's a set that I WILL finish - somehow, someway, someday.

And finally, a stack of Fan Favorite Reds.

Thanks Greg!  And, as always, if anyone else wants to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment