Featured Post

A Final Trade with a Blogger (Adios My Friend)

Over the last few weeks, there has been an alarming exodus of bloggers from our rather tight-knit blogging community.  One of the most recent casualties is Ted from the always entertaining Crinkly Wrappers blog.  Ted announced his "retirement" from blogging back on August 14th.  Since then, it appears he's been busy sending off a bunch of farewell packages (mostly as surprises for their respective recipients).  Well, probably thanks to a bunch of trades that we completed over the last couple of years (beginning in 2010 to be precise), Ted sent me one of the aforementioned good bye packages...a thoughtful gesture from a guy who's always been thoughtful (and generous) in all of our previous dealings.

Ted knows that I love all things Allen & Ginter so he sent me a smattering of mini cards from this year's A&G set.  That's awesome, of course, because I'm still working on some of the various mini insert sets (and the full mini regular back set).


The cards that Ted sent me will serve a few purposes:  1.  Some of them went directly into my binder because I still needed them (awesome).  2.  Some will go into stacks destined for other bloggers.  3.  A few will end up on my 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter trade bait page.

The baseball card blogging world lost another great member (and blog) with your retirement Ted.  I hope you still check all of our blogs out once in awhile, at least let us know how you've been!  Thanks again for the cards, they were much appreciated!

Comments