I love making trades.
Quite honestly, without the trading component that is so pervasive throughout the blogging world, I would have given up on writing Nachos Grande years ago. Instead, I've continued writing post after post ever since my first entry way back on June 17, 2008. That's right, it's been over four years (and over 3,000 posts) since I began writing here.
During that time, I've completed hundreds of trades - I didn't keep track during 2008 or 2009, but in 2010 I sent out 122 trade envelopes and in 2011 I sent out another 166 trade envelopes. Those totals are only for trades - group break packages not included! So far 2012 has proven slightly more challenging, I'm currently approaching 90 trade packages mailed out. Not a huge number, but certainly a respectable number considering the fact that I didn't buy any of the Topps flagship, Topps Chrome, or Gypsy Queen this year!
All of those numbers and statistics lead me to one of my latest swaps with blog reader Steve. Steve and I seem to match up fairly well when it comes to trading, this isn't our first huge swap ever! In fact, I'm not even sure it's the best trade we've ever done - but that's a high bar (as you'll soon see). Steve sent me so many great cards - and from so many different sets on
my want list that I've broken the trade into three separate posts.
First up, 2012 Allen & Ginter. I sent Steve a boatload of 2012 Allen & Ginter minis (of various variations). In return, Steve helped me out with a few of my mini needs which included a pair of regular back minis.
I also netted a whale (pun intended there, though I suppose one is more likely to harpoon a whale rather than net one). Anyhow:
And finally, Steve knocked off the final Musical Masters card that I was missing!
I am now happy to report that I have the Man's Best Friend, Culinary Curiosities, Military Leaders, and Musical Masters mini sets complete. I'm only one card away from being able to add the Whales to my complete set list as well!
The final 2012 Allen & Ginter card that I got was this creepy looking card of Jake Perry.
I decided that I might as well go for the entire code set even though the code has been cracked. At the moment, I
only need three more code cards and then I'll have this set complete as well!
Admittedly, I'm guessing many of you are sick of seeing 2012 Allen & Ginter cards, so let's back up in time a bit and visit a set from 2009. Specifically, 2009 Topps American Heritage.
This is a set that I loved when it came out and bought as much of it as I could find. Unfortunately, the set seemed to dry up and disappear almost as quickly as it appeared leaving me with no choice but to beg for the final few cards that I needed for the set. At this time, I'm only missing eight of the base cards. Although Steve didn't have any of those for me, he did have a pair of the American Presidents insert cards from the set for me.
I had actually forgotten that those cards were still on my want list. I have a faint hope that I might someday complete the base set but I highly doubt I'll ever acquire all the president cards. Even so, I'll leave the list on my want list for at least a little longer because you never know...
Thanks for the trade Steve - and stay tuned for more goodies in upcoming days! Finally, if you want to trade with me - check out
my want list and make an offer!
Comments
Post a Comment