Featured Post

JABO-wockery

The blog-o-sphere lost a great blogger and trader a few days ago when Kyle from Juuust a Bit Outside decided it was time to retire his collection.  He left a nice send-off message on his blog - certainly a kind thing considering some of us worry when our favorite bloggers disappear without any advance warning.

However, in Kyle's departure from the hobby, he still found time to send me a small package full of Reds (plus a card that I needed for my Topps Archives set).

First, the card I needed was this reprint of Mr. Reggie Jackson.

The 2012 Topps Archives blasters have totally disappeared from my local Wal*Mart (the only place I have to buy cards now).  As such, I'm relying 100% on the internet in terms of completing the full set.  I have made a few purchases off of eBay (which helped me close the gap towards completion) but I haven't bought any more cards lately.  That said, I am getting fairly close to completing the entire set so maybe I should think about looking at CheckOutMyCards or a similar site to see if I can finally finish the set off.

Speaking of finishing sets off, here's one that I'm no where close to completing.

Yep, the gold bordered minis that are retail exclusives.  Luckily (for me), I decided to only chase the Reds in the set, but even that has been a tough, tough road!

Besides the above two cards that were on my want list, Kyle also sent an assortment of other Reds.

The Brandon Phillips card is part of the 2008 Upper Deck Spectrum set.  A set that I inexplicably decided to complete.  I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person who actively sought to complete the Spectrum set (even worse, I also completed the hideous purple Spectrum set from the next year)!

Kyle may have gotten out of buying and collecting cards, but not before he must have purchased at least a few packs of 2012 Bowman Platinum.

For the record, I have yet to purchase a single pack of cards since Allen & Ginter came out - but I wouldn't say that I'm moving out of collecting.  I'd rather try and prune my want list a bit before adding even more sets to the list!

The last two cards that I scanned were my two favorite cards within the stack of assorted Reds and both happened to be of Joe Morgan.

I really, really like the Topps Sterling card - that's one of those upscale sets that I probably will never have the opportunity to bust a pack of, so I appreciate getting one of the Reds in a trade!  The Upper Deck Reflections card is kind of cool too - and very, very shiny!

Thanks for the cards Kyle - and know that you will be missed within the blogosphere.

Comments