Featured Post

Minis, Minis, Minis, Minis, Minis, Minis, Minis, Minis, Minis

Did someone say minis?!

A few days ago, I sent Adam (from ARPSmith's Sportscard Obsession) a trade package full of 2012 Allen & Ginter base cards, a short print, and a few inserts.  In return, Adam helped me out with a bunch of 2012 minis off of my want list.

Let's check out the minis, shall we?

There were eight regular back mini cards, including a few legends like Ruth and Maris.  Of the eight cards though, my favorite is actually the Curly Neal card (the Harlem Globetrotter).  It seems like that particular card works well within the confines of the small frame (as compared to the Zimmerman missing half his glove or the Jackson missing both hands - and one wrist).

Adam helped me out with my quest of all the mini inserts as well - he got me within one of having the Giants of the Deep set complete.

I always enjoy the various animal cards (I finished the Man's Best Friend set a month or so ago).  However, I feel like Topps sort of phoned it in with some of the photos - look at the Bowhead Whale photo for instance, it's all blurry!  The set would have been incredibly awesome if Topps had tracked down and used higher definition photos!

If it wasn't enough that Adam was able to take me down to needing a single card from the Giants of the Deep set, he managed to get me within one more card of a second mini set:  the Musical Masters set.

I'm happy to have the Beethoven card since 'ol Ludwig is easily one of the best known musical masters in history.  In looking at this particular card while writing the post, I realized that I never noticed the music notes and staffs that form the "ribbon" around the composer's name.  That's a nice touch!

Finally, the cream of the mini crop:

That's right, it's a Guys in Hats card of The Bicorne.  Made famous by Napolean, the bicorne hat didn't really fall out of favor until the early 1900s.  I now have 2 of the 10 Guys in Hats cards, so if you have any I need let me know!

Thanks for the trade Adam - and, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Glad you got the cards and I happen to agree with you on the Curly Neal card, it is a great looking card.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment