Featured Post

Who Cares What Beckett Says? This is Clearly Better!

My slow march towards finishing off the 2012 Topps Archives took one more small step forward with an itty bitty trade courtesy of Dan over at It's Like Having My Own Card Shop.  Dan happened to have one of the few remaining Topps Archives cards that I needed.

Luckily for me, we were able to work out a deal quite easily - after all, who doesn't have a pile of unwanted Diamondback cards that need a good home?!  You can see what I sent him here.

Although that one card was more than enough for me to be happy with the swap, Dan went above and beyond the call by including TWO new Barry Larkin cards for my collection.

I don't actually have the words to describe that Bat Patrol card.  I think it'll take me awhile to process the card before I do a write up for my Barry Larkin Collection!
Anyone know anything about this set?

Dan also threw in a pair of other Reds cards, one being a rather nice insert card of Austin Kearns.

I initially thought that Kearns would be a great Red for a long time but it simply didn't work out that way.  He was part of the infamous trade (infamous at the time, turned out to basically be a wash for everyone involved).

I also got a Textbook Excellence card of Greg Vaughn - I'm not sure what textbook Vaughn was reading though...

And, in a super surprise:

That's an Adam "big donkey" Dunn relic card!  I love me some Adam Dunn, even if most Reds fans seem to hate the big guy.  Dan noted that the card was a bit dinged but that it was "not bad as an extra" in a trade.  I should say so!  Thanks Dan!

As always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer.  I'm happy to work out big 'ol trades or little trades...anything to reduce the number of cards on my want list!

Comments

  1. The "PS" card is from a sort of parallel base set called "Private Stock." They came in entirely different packs and had thicker card stock plus the foil stamping. I bought a few boxes back in the day and they were sort of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment