Featured Post

More Proof that I'm Crazy!

Like most bloggers, I maintain a want list on my own blog that helps keep myself (and others) on track with the variety of things that I collect.  Speaking of helping others keep track of what I collect - a recent trade with Jeff from 2 by 3 Heroes serves as a perfect case study of a great, great trade!

For those who are interested, you can read about Jeff's side of the trade here.

First up:  The obvious.

As anyone who has read my blog (even sparingly) over the last few years, you know that I love me some Allen & Ginter.  I own the complete base set (with short prints) for every year of Allen & Ginter's existence (at least the modern version of A&G).  Furthermore, for most of the years I have worked on various insert sets that struck my fancy.  For the 2012 edition of Allen & Ginter, I decided to chase ALL of the inserts - both mini and regular sized.  Currently, I am missing two of the code cards - Jeff sent me the third-to-final card for my set.

Furthermore, I have been working on the full regular back mini set for a couple of different years - including 2012.  Once again, Jeff helped me out here as well - to the tune of 12 regular back mini cards!  I love knocking a double digit number's worth of cards off of my want list!  

Next up:  The slightly-less-obvious:

Jeff must have scoured my want list because lurking in the middle of it is a few lists of rather strange wants.  For this year, I decided to chase the various Reds parallels in the Allen & Ginter set (ad back, black border, and gold border).  Jeff helped me out with a pair of A&G back mini Reds...

...and one gold border card.  

The gold bordered mini was particularly appreciated because these things have been tough to come by!  The retail only aspect of the gold borders has seemingly damaged the amount of them available for trades.

Next:  A few slowed (but not forgotten) collections:

As I said before, Jeff did a great job of perusing my want list and knocking off cards.  He found a single 2010 Topps Diamond parallel that I needed (which is a great find for me since I'm inching ever so close to having the full 2010 Diamond parallel set complete)!

In fact, I think I'm probably more likely to complete the 2010 diamond parallel set before I am going to finish off the 2011 Topps Gypsy Queen set.  

That said, this Matt Kemp card certainly helped out the Gypsy Queen cause!

Next:  A Why Does He Collect That?

Yep, I got another 2008 UD StarQuest card.  

I still don't know why I'm chasing all four versions of the set - but I've had them on my want list for such a long time I can't bring myself to remove the sets now.  I still gladly accept any of the cards that I need, despite not knowing why I decided to ever collect the set in the first place!

It wasn't just baseball cards that Jeff sent me though.  Nope, he also saw the line on my want list that said I collect Lego minifigures as well.  He sent me a trio of unopened packages, one each from Series 5, 7, and 8.

Series 5 - Cleopatra

Series 7 - Cowgirl

Series 8 - Computer Programmer

And finally:  Random Reds

Yep, when all else fails - I'll always take assorted cards of my beloved Cincinnati Reds!

You see, I really am crazy.  There's not much rhyme or reason to what I collect - but as long as I am enjoying the act of collecting it's all good!  Thanks for the great, great trade Jeff!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I was DYING to see what was in those Legos. That computer programmer is sweet. Now I have to get one for myself.

    Thanks for the trade!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment