Wednesday, November 28, 2012

They Can't All Be Winners

This is the sixth pack out of the Skybox Metal box - and while the first five packs were all good in their own right, this one is fairly mundane.  Actually, check that.  This pack sucks.

Pack 06:
10.  Carlos Beltran
A Royal.  Who collects Royals?

57.  Moises Alou
Oh great, an Astro.  A team so bad it is moving to a new league this year.

98.  Bobby Higginson
The Tigers have been good lately, but that's because of Verlander.  Early 2000s Tiger teams weren't so good if I recall.

101.  Shannon Stewart
I would make the same crack about who collects Blue Jays except there are a few people out there who go after the lone Canadian baseball team.  

102.  Ryan Rupe
Who?  And it's not even a short printed prospect card.  

105.  Greg Maddux

Ok, ok.  Maddux is good - and the photo of him batting is kind of cool (the picture on the front shows Maddux in his follow through from throwing a pitch).

124.  Ron Gant
Gant was a decent player I guess, but decent doesn't make for an exciting pack.

161.  Orel Hershiser
Whenever I think of Orel now, I think of him announcing for the Little League World Series.  I doubt he'd appreciate that.

191.  Shawn Estes
I used to build Estes rockets when I was younger.  I wonder if there's a connection there?

202.  Prospect short print:  Norm Hutchins

Yep, I got a short print but it's of some guy who I never heard of who happens to play for the Angels, another team that seemingly has no collectors.  One of my goals for 2013 should be to make a list of all the collectors for each of the different MLB squads.  Then at least I'd know who I could pawn off such cards on - however, I won't be trying to trade this card (or any of the other cards) unless they wind up being duplicates for me since I'm currently planning on trying to complete the full set!

1 comments:

Josh D. said...

Beltran AND Hershiser??? Sounds like a hot pack to me! :-)

Post a Comment