Featured Post

Group Break: Seeing Double (of Finest)

I'm keeping the group break love going into the late night.  Ok, it's not really that late (unless you are reading this from say, the middle of the Atlantic Ocean or something).  Let's crack open some more packs!

2000 Topps Finest - Pack 2:
154.  Andy Pettitte - Yankees
181.  Greg Vaughn - Rays
206.  Ray Durham - White Sox
231.  Matt LeCroy - Twins
232.  Jason Tyner - Mets
FM3.  Finest Moments:  Tony Gwynn - Padres

Our second really nice Gwynn card of the break!  The Finest Moments cards are seeded 1:9 packs - so we ought to get at least one more before all is said and done.  The amount of doubles (2 already) is a disturbing trend given the fact that I've only opened two packs so far...  I like to keep track of "pack wins" by team during my group breaks - for this pack, it goes to the Padres (who also got credit for a pack 1 win thanks to the box topper).  Who would have thought the Padres would win the first two packs of the break?  Certainly not me!

Note:  I should mention now that these cards look much nicer in person than they do in the scans!

2000 Topps Finest - Pack 3
183.  Tino Martinez - Yankees
215.  Vinny Castilla - Rays
231.  Matt LeCroy - Twins
238.  Eric Valent - Phillies

241.  Adam Dunn - Reds

245.  Jason Grilli - Marlins

The third pack produced our second LeCroy card (he was also in pack #2).  As for the pack win, I guess I have to give it to the Yankees with Tino Martinez.  As far as Yankees go, Tino was one of the more tolerable players.

I hope you are all enjoying the group break so far (all three packs worth).  Right now, the Yankees lead with 4 base cards while the Padres lead with a pair of inserts.  There are still 21 teams without a single card - but I'm sure that'll change shortly.  Stay tuned to the blog for more group break goodness in the upcoming days.

Comments