Featured Post

Barry Larkin Collection 163: 1995 Pacific - #108

Barry Larkin
Year:  1995
Brand:  Pacific
Card number:  108
I don't recall ever seeing packs of Pacific cards available for sale until the late 90s.  As such, gems such as the 1995 Pacific set escaped me in my youth.  Luckily, thanks to trading (and eBay), I've managed to acquire a whole bunch of Barry Larkin cards from sets that completely escaped me at the time of their release.

As for the card itself, the front of the card isn't the best - the Reds logo doesn't appear to be centered in the baseball which bugs me for some reason.  I also don't care for the four diamonds in front of Barry's name.  However, flip the card over and you've got a nice looking piece of cardboard.  I like the full color photo (different from the front photo) and the write-up is also nice. Heck, you can even practice your Spanish while looking at baseball cards.  I would have liked to see more statistics but that's a common complaint with Pacific - they rarely left room for numbers on their cards.

Comments