Featured Post

Collector's Crack Feeds My Addictions!

Although I haven't completed as many trades as I maybe would have liked over the past month, I have completed a few great trades.  One such swap was with Mark over at Collector's Crack.  I sent Mark a bunch of LEGO minifigures plus some assorted baseball cards.  In return, I scored the following goodies.

First, a trio of Johnny Bench cards.

The first Bench card is from the 2012 Topps '87 mini set.  According to the back of the card, Bench is one of five NL catchers with a streak of at least five home runs in five consecutive games.  To me, that seems like a fairly astonishing feat.

Next, a pair of nearly identical Bench cards - one is a 1982 Topps card, the other is a 1982 Topps Coca-Cola card.

I have the full 1982 Topps set (see my review here) but I'm fairly certain that I did not own the Coke card.  I really need to organize all my Reds so that I can know at a glance what I have and what I still need.  That sounds like a daunting project though, especially considering the perilous piles of cards stacked up inside various cupboards.

The final baseball card from the trade was this Jay Bruce beauty (and a thick card too).

The card is from the Topps Museum Collection set - a set that I don't know anything about...but if all the cards are this nice I wouldn't mind getting some more!

It's true that four cards probably isn't enough to make up a great trade...but when you combine the four above cards with FOUR minifigures, well, now you are talking!

Mark actually sent me two of my "most wanted" minifigures, so let's begin with those.

First up, Lady Liberty.

A LEGO minifigure of the Statue of Liberty.  How cool is that?  The figure even has a tablet and a torch - plus a really nice head piece.  I'll have more on this figure (and the other LEGO figures) in my ongoing Minifigure Museum collection over at Legend of LEGO.

The other most wanted figure that I now own?  Lederhosen man.

Heck yeah!  My German heritage, plus my love of pretzels (and a possible trip to Bavaria this summer) combined to make this figure a "must acquire" for me.  Sure he's as goofy as can be, he's still awesome to me!

Mark also sent me a third figure (another one from my want list).

The business man isn't as exciting as the other two, but he's still pretty darn cool.  The newspaper is a nice touch - a brick that could be extremely useful in plenty of alternate builds if I were to get into that type of thing with my LEGO collection.

Finally, Mark tried tempting me with yet another minifigure collection...(probably why he calls his blog Collector's Crack - he's getting collectors addicted)!

Yep, HALO figures from MEGA-BLOKS.  I actually own a PS3 (plus a Wii and a Wii-U) but not an X-Box 360.  As such, I've never played Halo.

I'm not sure what I'll do with the little figures - though I have to admit that the ultra rare Active-Camo Covenant Elite figure looks pretty rad.

Thanks for the great swap Mark!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade (whether baseball cards, LEGO, or both) - check out my want list (baseball and/or LEGO) and make an offer!


Comments