Featured Post

Mike Piazza, Frank Thomas, and Other Stars of Yesteryear

Over the past couple of days, I've only managed to find time to open two packs.  Let's open two more packs right now in an effort to bring the close of the 1999 Pacific Aurora box ever nearer.

Pack 27:
28.  Reggie Jefferson
91.  Kevin Brown
105.  Matt Lawton
145.  Kevin Lefcik
158.  Edgar Renteria
Pennant Fever:  11.  Mike Piazza

The box of Aurora hasn't produced a ton of inserts which means when I do actually get an insert it feels somewhat special.  I like that.  In my view, Topps has all but killed the idea of an insert with the overabundance of such cards in their flagship set.

Who would have thought the late 90s card sets would be a model for moderation?!

Pack 28:
42.  Frank Thomas

87.  Jermaine Dye
106.  David Ortiz
142.  Desi Relaford
159.  Andy Ashby
200.  Pat Hentgen

I'm getting closer to completing the full base set - and there's still hope that I'll be able to finish the set off from the packs in the one box that I own.  Out of the eleven base cards that I ended up with in the previous two packs, five were duplicates (which isn't good since I'm still missing a fairly large chunk of base cards for my set).  For those interested, the box has now yielded 30 duplicates (actually 29 duplicates and one triplicate).

Comments