Featured Post

My First Blaster of 2013: Packs 6 - 8

This is my final post that I'm writing before I leave for my vacation.  My hope is that by the time you read this I will be recovered from any jet lag and ready to get back to "normal" life.  Without any further ado, here are the final three packs out of my 2013 Gypsy Queen blaster.  I'm still looking for something super awesome...

Pack 06:
4.  L.J. Hoes
Another Orioles player that I've never heard of.  Rock on O's, rock on.
43.  Enos Slaughter
Another Cardinal - at least it's olden time Cardinal rather than a new player.  I don't have the same animosity towards Cardinals of yore.
253.  Tommy Milone
The Athletics, like the Rays, seem particularly adept at cultivating starting pitching.
269.  Ben Revere
The back of his card has the word "pilfered" on it.  That's fun.
Mini:  243.  Brett Lawrie
This is the second best card in the pack.  That's sort of sad.
NH-WS.  Warren Spahn

A nice insert but what a dud pack overall.  Yuck.

Pack 07:
52.  Hanley Ramirez
Poor Hanley can't seem to stay healthy.  I only know that because he's on one of my fantasy teams and keeps clogging up my DL spot.
146.  Erick Aybar
I've got nothing to say about Erick other than "why the 'k' man?"
278.  Jordan Zimmerman
The Nationals...just....ugh.
Mini:  339.  Anibal Sanchez
Oh man, this pack isn't lookin' good...
GQR-AB.  Adrian Beltre relic

And then surprise!  A relic.  These are seeded 1:64 packs so they aren't super rare, but with only 8 packs per blaster that's still a 1 in 8 blaster pull.  I can't complain about that!

Pack 08:
81.  Larry Doby
Why so much love for Doby of all players?  I don't get it, he seems to be the only Indian who gets added in as a legend.  Can't Topps possibly find some other Clevelanders to add to their sets?
88.  Mark Trumbo
Another Angel.  Whoopee.
316.  Paul O'Neil
I would like this card a lot if O'Neil was pictured as a Red.  However, since he's not the card gets a "meh" reaction.
Black mini:  118.  Ruben Tejada #084/199

Seeing the gold serial numbering on the back was an unexpected surprise for me.  Getting the relic and now a black mini (seeded 1:25) is quite nice.  I did hope for a framed paper card but no such luck in this blaster.
DA-SS.  Steven Strasburg

I like the Dealing Aces cards, even if this one is Strasburg.  
GS-JW.  Jayson Werth

A great photo - so much red in it yet Werth still shows up nicely.  This is a great looking card for sure!

Overall, the blaster was fun but not super (at least for me).  The black mini of Tejada and the relic of Beltre were both nice pulls but neither is a player (or team) that I care much about.  I could see myself buying another blaster - but then again Topps Archives should be out by the time you read this and I'm more likely to go "all in" for that set.

Comments

  1. I'm pretty sure the good kid, Lou Boudreau is in this set along with Doby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pulled a Reds auto out of my Bowman blaster that I'll swap you for that Beltre relic. I don't remember who it was, but I can let you know tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment