Featured Post

Topps Archives: Coming Down from the Hobby Box High!

Yesterday, I posted the start of my 2013 Topps Archives hobby box - and boy was it ever an amazing start!  There's virtually no way the packs could top the box topper, right?

Only one way to find out - start ripping!  Here's the first three packs since I like to spread out the opening of a box over multiple days!

Pack 1:

The highlight of the pack was this super green Stanton card.  Did they shoot his photo in front of a green screen and then forget to add in the background?!

Pack 2:

This pack had a pair of Reds' pitchers in Arroyo and Bailey.  The Kaline Tall Boy is also very nice - though again, a green background!  Must be a theme.

Pack 3:

The first short print out of the box, and luckily, it's one that I still need!  I'm planning on collecting the full Archives base set, including all 45 short prints.  I believe I'm at four short prints in my collection now.

As a trio, the packs weren't nearly as exciting as the box topper - but I still have no complaints since I landed a short print that I needed (plus a bunch of base cards).  So far, I'm really enjoying the Archives set!

Comments