Featured Post

Delivery Time: My Cardboard Habit should make a habit of trading with me!

I recently completed a quick and easy trade with Judson over at My Cardboard Habit.  I sent Judson some Gypsy Queen, some assorted Rangers, plus an Allen & Ginter Rangers relic.  What did I get in return for such a haul?  In a word:  awesomeness.

There are two main components to my end of the deal.  The first was a bunch of 2013 Gypsy Queen base cards.  I'm slowly getting closer to completing the set - the stack of 30ish cards that Judson sent me will certainly help me out!

Out of the base cards, there were three that stood out to me.

Coco Crisp:

This is an awesome card simply because of the emotion shown.

Bronson Arroyo:

This is quite possibly the only time that Arroyo threw a pitch with that particular arm angle in that game.  He switches arm angles like crazy - not to mention speeds.  I remember one game recently Arroyo hit every speed from 67 to 88 (or something like that).  That's impressive - and probably really, really annoying to hit against.

Frank Robinson

I believe I've seen this particular Robinson pose way too many times.  However, this card gets special notice for the background.  Specifically, the two guys walking in the background - love it.

In addition to the base cards, Judson helped me out with some of the Gypsy Queen inserts.  Again, I'll show a couple of my favorites.

Nolan Ryan

You have to love a good card of Nolan Ryan!  This one celebrates Ryan's no-hitters against Oakland and Toronto while he was playing for the Rangers.  Not many guys get to claim two no-hitters while playing for a single team...Ryan did it for multiple teams!

Johnny Cueto

I'm a fan of Topps including more Reds in various insert sets.  It's been a long time since the Reds have had a starting pitcher worthy of a set called "Dealing Aces."  Now if only Cueto could stay healthy!

Finally, we end with a trio of Reds relics from 2013 Gypsy Queen.

Drew Stubbs

I wanted this card since it showed Stubbs as a Red but I have no problems with him no longer donning the Reds' uniform.

Devin Mesoraco

Dude's got a scary facial expression happening here...

Jay Bruce

The only relic that was white.  Here you get grey!  Actually, I love the mini relics - very Allen & Gintery of Topps (and that's a good thing in this case).

Thanks for the great trade Judson.  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. I find it curious that the jersey material for Stubbs and Mesoraco, both white, seem to have a different pattern. I wonder why that is?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment