Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Acquiring a Frank Robinson Relic!

It's time for another dip into the 'ol mailbag.  Today's package is from Matt (formerly of the 59phils blog which is now defunct it appears).  Matt and I agreed to a nice swap where I sent him some of the 2013 Topps Triumvirate inserts (plus some Phillies) in exchange for this gorgeous Frank Robinson relic from 2008 Topps Heritage.

I've mentioned it before, but the 2007 and 2008 Heritage sets were my first re-introduction to collecting after my college days.  I have the 2007 set complete but I still need some from the '08 set.
2008 Topps Heritage (low and high series) Wants:
Base:
#464, 465, 480, 488, 495, 500
Heritage short prints are the absolute worst!  As for the Robinson relic, I love it.  I've never even held a Reds' relic from the Heritage set (at least not one of the cool ones like the stadium seat relics).  I do wonder where the relic is from - it only says "stadium seat" on it...  Topps certainly implies that it is from Crosley Field but it could just as easy be from the Duryea Little League park or something.

I don't really care either way - I like the card and it's a great addition to my (almost) complete Heritage set!

Matt also threw in a couple of surprises - the first was this Votto mini (gotta love minis)...

The other surprise?  None other than Mr. Dusty Baker in glorious gold.

Thanks for the trade Matt - and I hope you simply moved your blog someplace else rather than giving up altogether.  As for anyone else who would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

  1. Seriously? Topps should definitely put what stadium the seat relic is from. I hate how vague they can be sometimes

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment