Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Delivery Time! Kershaw, Harper, and More from Sportscards from the Dollar Store

I'm still working on scanning and posting the back log of card packages that have accumulated as the beginning of the semester dawned.  Today's package is courtesy of Douglas over at Sportscards from the Dollar Store.  I sent Doug a bunch of Archives inserts - in return, he sent me a smattering of cards from my burgeoning want list!

We begin the trade package with a bunch of Tall Boy inserts from this year's Archives set.

All things considered, I'd say that's a pretty powerful line up of players!  I know when the Archives set first came out that I was sort of down on the Tall Boys (pun intended).  However, now that I have a bunch of them I have to say they look really sharp as a set.  I think the simple backgrounds are boring on a single card but quite powerful when you look at a binder page full of the cards.  Good stuff for set collectors!

Doug also sent me a bunch of other cool stuff including this "The Elite" card of the Reds' Joe Morgan.

The card is super thick - and very "high end" looking - despite being nothing more than yet another insert set from the Topps flagship set.  Personally, I wish Topps would cut way back on the number of inserts in their flagship offering (and maybe increase the size of the set to 990 or something).

Speaking of flagship insets, Doug also sent me a couple of Reds parallels (green and gold).  How very Green Bay, right?!

Finally, the real prize of the package in many ways...a pair of Allen & Ginter minis from the 2012 set.

Yep, even a Bryce Harper rookie mini!

Thanks for the great trade Doug!  And, as always, if anyone else would like to trade, check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments