Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

How About Some 8 x 10 Cards?! Group Break Goodies Inside.

Whenever I host a group break consisting of older boxes, I try to get at least one box that's from a weird or oddball type set.  For this break, that box happened to be of 1997 Pinnacle Zenith.  The box contains 12 packs - where each pack contains 5 trading cards plus a pair of 8x10 big 'ol cards.

What kind of madness is this?  It's over-sized madness, that's what it is.

Pack 1:
Regular sized cards:
2.  Tony Gwynn - Padres
13.  Juan Gonzalez - Rangers
14.  Barry Bonds - Giants
19.  Roger Clemens - Blue Jays

30.  Dave Justice - Indians

You get five regular sized cards (which remind me of Topps Stadium Club with slightly fuzzier images).  It is nice card stock though.

The two oversized cards were:
11.  Mark McGwire - Athletics

7.  Dufex:  Ken Caminiti - Padres
Sorry, forgot to turn this one before I uploaded it.

The Dufex 8x10 cards are seeded 1 per pack.  They aren't as impressive as the more modern "diamond" design that Topps does but they look alright.

What do you think of the set?  I'm curious!

Comments

  1. When I think of 8x10 I think of pictures, not sports cards. But, the design (or lack there of) of this set reminds me of exactly that: pictures! Simple, and maybe a little understated, but easy to digest and ripe for actions shots. A base set that needs no names, positions, or team logos because all the players are BIG TIME names. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a few of these back in the day !

    I always liked them. I have one of the 8x10 "wrappers" yet, so you don't have to send one !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them! I've been looking for a reasonably priced 8x10 set for awhile. I was pretty pumped to grab the Nomo. It's one of my favorite cards in my Nomo collection. One of these days, I'll have to grab the Dufex parallel.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment