Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

Makin' a Card Purchase from JustCommons.com: Part IV

It's been a fun journey (at least for me) through my recent purchase from JustCommons.com.  My want list is a lot lighter than it was before the buying spree as well (which is awesome).  Today, we finish the look at my purchase by taking a gander at the final three sets.

First up, 2008 Topps Heritage.

The '08 Heritage set was one of the first "new" sets that I tried to put together.  This was well before I was aware of just how annoying Topps Heritage short prints are.  It's now 2013 and I still am missing a total of six short prints (for the record, they are numbers:  464, 465, 480, 488, 495, 500).

One thing that I'm no longer missing from the set though is the inserts.  I was happily able to nab the final three missing insert cards that I needed.  The first card I needed was the Rookie Performers card of Max Scherzer seen above.  The other two?

A Flashbacks card of Mark Teixeira and one of Ichiro.

None of the three cards are overly exciting, but they do allow me to cross off a decent chunk of my want list - and for that, I'm plenty excited!

Next up, a set that I didn't quite finish off but I did come close...

That's 2009 Topps Turkey Red inserts.

I needed four Turkeys but JustCommons only had three that I needed in stock.  The fourth happens to be TR24 (Curtis Granderson).  Once I track that one down, I'll be able to fully cross of the Turkey Red set as well!

Finally, we end with another set that I've been working on for quite some time - the 2006 Fleer Greats of the Game.  I still need a boatload of these cards - but I did manage to purchase eight different inserts including the final Cubs great that I needed from that insert set (Ron Santo).

I also got the final two Red Sox greats (Boggs and Tiant).

If you are wondering, here's what I still need from the set.
2006 Fleer Greats of the Game:Decade Greats:  BJ, CR
Dodgers Greats: SS
Nickname Greats: AG, AT, BF, BH, BL, BM, CF, CH, DD, DF, FR, GH, GS, JM, JS, KH, LA, LP, MA, MF, MH, ML, MR, MW, MZ,  RB, RC, RG, RR, RS, SB
Tigers Greats: KG
Yankee Greats: WB
In the end, I must say I was pleased with my order from JustCommons.  The only disappointment was the one card that they said was in stock but it actually wasn't (I did get a refund).  I also would have liked to have had the cards packaged between two rigid cases, or at least some cardboard, to better protect them in the mail (they were simply stuffed into team bags in a bubble envelope).  However, I didn't have any noticeable damage so I can't really complain about that.


Comments