Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

More 8x10s - Including a Gorgeous Griffey Jr.!

I'll admit it.  I wasn't sure how I'd like the 1997 Zenith 8x10 set.  I mean, I figured it'd be a set full of basically enlarged photographs.  While I guess that's a fair assessment of the set, I have to admit that I really like the set a lot.  The images are awesome, iconic, and almost entire text free (you only get the word "Zenith") on the front of the 8x10s.  It's impressive work by Pinnacle to have a set where the image is the entire card!

Pack 2:
Regular sized cards:
8.  Greg Maddux - Braves

13.  Juan Gonzalez - Rangers
22.  Alex Rodriguez - Mariners

I love this photo - the facemask that A-rod's wearing really makes the card if you ask me.  Looks cold!
29.  Gary Sheffield - Marlins

I don't usually scan Marlins cards but when I do they are awesome.
44.  Nomar Garciaparra - Red Sox

8x10 cards:
4 of 24:  Ken Griffey Jr. - Mariners

How about that Junior Junkie?!  A beautiful 8x10 of your blog's namesake - I can only hope it's one you still need for your collection (if you don't need it, I'd love to work out a swap for it since I love this giant card A LOT)!

15 of 24.  Dufex:  Juan Gonzalez - Rangers

The Dufex cards don't really do a lot for me - but with the right image they can still look pretty cool (I think the Gonzalez card looks quite nice for instance - much better than the Caminiti that we opened up last pack).

Comments

  1. WOW. I only have the little version of that one. Very exciting stuff!
    If I get another somehow, consider it yours….

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty sweet card of a sweet swing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mask ARod is wearing makes him look like a villain. I didn't know 1997 Zenith was into foreshadowing.

    BTW, I love this set. The Griffey is downright awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Griffey is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment