Featured Post

A TCDB Surprise Card from mpdillard25!

More Goodies from Listia!

I might have a large stack of mail sitting near my desk waiting to be opened but that doesn't mean I'm not at least making a good faith effort at reducing the pile.  Today's envelope is actually from a Listia seller - someone who I ended up winning a pair of auctions from.

The first win was this (vaguely racist) Mexican LEGO minifigure.

The actual figure's name is Maraca man, though I have seen a few websites that refer to him simply as "Mexican."  The figure is from Series 2 - a series that has proven to be mostly elusive since I started collecting the LEGO Collectible Minifigures.  The poncho is actually two separate cloth pieces (but it looks really good in person).

The other auction that I won was another LEGO minifigure from the same seller.  This figure is from series 4 (another series in which I have only five of the sixteen figures so far).  This one's the crazy scientist.

In trying to decide which I like better, I think I'll give the nod to the scientist, but only by the shake of a maraca.  The beaker (plus the rubbery hair) is what made me give the nod to the scientist...but that hat of the maraca man is pretty awesome.

All in all, both figures are nice - and each make a great addition to my collection!

Comments

  1. The mad scientist is awesome! Nice Listia finds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment