Featured Post

More Want List Whittling: Cards from Chris!

I'm still trying to get caught up again on all the recent trades that have arrived at my humble abode.  One such trade was made with blog reader Chris (and it actually arrived at the end of July this year).  Chris and I agreed to a quick little swap - basically some Topps Archives short prints and a few other goodies.

For me, the highlight of the trade was the aforementioned Archives short prints.  The 2013 Topps Archives set is a fun little set, but the short prints are exceedingly frustrating.  I've managed to complete a full base set (cards 1-200) for myself, I have a second one available for sale/trade, and then I have a huge stack of duplicates (I still need to type up all my extras).

However, despite the plethora of base cards, the short prints have remained mostly elusive.  In fact, I'm still missing 21 short prints (#201, 204, 206, 210, 212, 213, 214, 217, 218, 219, 223, 224, 225, 228, 232, 233, 235, 236, 237, 240, 242) and that's after adding the two short prints Chris sent me to my collection!  Frustrating to say the least, though not quite as bad as Topps Heritage short prints.

The two newest short prints in my collection are of Hal Morris and Howard Johnson.

The Morris is especially nice since I had the autographed version of the card already!  I actually like the '89 Topps design quite a bit as well so the HoJo is appealing to me too.  In fact, I really like almost all the cards in the Archives set this year - it's an underappreciated set if you ask me!

In addition to the Archives cards, Chris also helped me inch closer to completing another set from this year - Gypsy Queen.

I have to confess to being quite sick of most things Gypsy Queen but I'm not sick of the framed paper parallels.  Chris helped me out here as well!

Thanks for the great swap Chris, sorry it took so long for me to get things posted.  As usual, if anyone else would like to trade - check out my want list and make an offer!

Comments

Post a Comment